Thursday, July 14, 2011

RaShelle Workman's Current Query

Okay. Here's another one for you, my dear, wonderful readers.

Today we have RaShelle Workman's query. Before we get to it, though, please be sure to visit RaShelle's blog, and become a follower. You won't regret it, she's hilarious. Thank you.

Now, the query:

Dear _______

After reviewing your interests I thought you might enjoy reading CONNECTED: THE KELVIERI'S BOOTS. It's YA science fiction and complete at 80,000 words. It's also the first in a series of three.

Venus is from the planet Kelari. She's been training her whole life to one day be Queen of her land. On her sixteenth birthday, she receives her own pair of Kelvieri's Boots, a first step toward leadership and immortality. With these boots she'll need to take a journey to the Manshum Mountains, the home of her world's deities. There, the deities will complete her transformation and someday, when her parents concede the throne, she'll rule. It's a perfect plan and Venus expects her life to go accordingly.

Problem is, nothing ever goes as planned.

Venus wakes on Earth, her Formytian (personal guard) with her and learns she's been accused of blasphemous crimes against their deities and for killing one of their planet’s sacred animals.

And, while the deities didn't send her to Earth, They’ve commanded her to complete a mission before They’ll listen to her side.

The mission: Help a human find his true love.

Easy, right?

That’s what Venus thinks until she meets him. Ethan. The kid’s a total ass who’s been kicked by love his whole life.

With only one week until she dies from Earth’s atmosphere, she’s in the race of her life.

But as princess, she must remember her motto:

LEAD. LOYALTY. LOVE.

I self-published a novel in 2009 entitled SLEEPING ROSES. In 2010, I signed a contract with Canonbridge, LLC for an adult paranormal novel, DISTORTED. That contract has since been withdrawn. It was of mutual consent as the owner is struggling with many personal problems, and I wish her the best.

Thank you for taking the time to read my first chapter and I look forward to hearing from you.

I think I forgot to say above, but if you've been here before you know that today is just to introduce you to the query, and RaShelle. Please save your feedback for tomorrow, when we will all see what we can do to make this query shine.

19 comments:

Unknown said...

So? Does that mean I can't comment? LOL! But I want to, I don't want to wait until tomorrow :/

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

RaShelle rocks!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Thanks for sharing another awesome query.

Bish Denham said...

Ooooo, sounds interesting and fun!

Choms1337 said...

great job very nice :D

Gina Ciocca said...

Now I have "These Boots are Made for Walkin" stuck in my head :)

I see some things that Query Shark would probably change, but it's so hard because everyone has different advice and methodologies. Looking forward to seeing what your comments are.

Donna K. Weaver said...

That's funny, Gina. I'll be sure to check back tomorrow.

Sarah Ahiers said...

two in one week?! Get outta here!

Hart Johnson said...

Oh, come on... I want to work on this... you KNOW I have no patience! And RaShelle-I didn't realize that had happened with Distorted--sorry to hear that! Keep trying to shop it!

Michael G-G said...

Voice in spades, RaShelle.

Whew, Matt. Our query cups overfloweth. See you tomorrow.

LTM said...

woo!!! RaShelle! I LOVE all this, and I've been dying to hear the entire premise of Venus's story. OK, I'll wait til tomorrow--but you know Matt's just going to say what I would say anyway~ ;p

missed you guys! ((squeeze))

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

Oh, nice. What a great premise! I can see a couple issues right off the bat, but I think it's close!

RaShelle Workman said...

You all are so cool. Can't wait for the feedback!!

@Hart - Yeah, it was sad, but the right decision all around.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Nice to meet you RaShelle.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

YIKES! We can't comment today...

Hi, RaShelle and Matthew.

Jessica Thompson said...

Sounds good!

Old Kitty said...

Yay for the gorgeous RaShelle!!! Take care
x

Shannon said...

Thanks for being brave and sharing your query, RaShelle!

Will be back tomorrow.

Sarah Tokeley said...

Oh, now this book sounds like FUN!